Stop Spiritual Warfare Burnout By Cutting Off These 7 People
If you feel spiritually burnt out, you need to reassess who you hang out with.
In #spiritualwarfare, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
What do I mean? Don’t make stupid decisions that will open yourself up to spiritual attacks or divert your attention from your mission.
Verses To Consider About Self-Sabotagers:
- “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.” — Proverbs 14:23 NIV
- “The desire of the sluggard kills him, for his hands refuse to labor.” — Proverbs 21:25 ESV
- “A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.” — Proverbs 24:33–34 ESV
I’m sure you all know someone who is an #askhole — they ask for advice, constantly want to discuss their problems, but never take the advice that they asked for. When their bad choices backfire, they want a shoulder to cry on. They are emotional vampires.
Verses To Consider About Ask-Holes:
- “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.” — Proverbs 12:15 ESV
- “Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is honored.” — Proverbs 13:18 ESV
#3 IN A CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH A SPIRIT OF FEAR
Cut off people who base their identify around their fears & phobias. It’s a power trip thing having people accommodate & fawn over them. You’re not a behavioral therapist. You’ll be spiritually sucked dry by people who have 0 intentions of trying to overcome fear.
Verses To Consider About Attention-Whores:
- “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,” — Philippians 2:3–5 ESV
- “for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” — 2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
Stop being a personal audience for gossips who try to spin their gossip as a prayer request on behalf of the person they’re so “concerned” about. This person doesn’t care about others, they just like the attention they get from shit talking and spilling tea.
Verses To Consider About Gossips:
- “Besides that, they learn to be idlers, going about from house to house, and not only idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying what they should not.” — 1 Timothy 5:13 ESV
- “A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.” — Proverbs 16:28 ESV
#5 THE DIVIDE AND CONQUERER
Distance yourself from divisive backstabbers.
In the words of Jay-Z, “don’t tell me what they said about me, tell me why they were comfortable telling you.”
Backstabbers will tear your relationships apart & start emotional fires that you’ll now need to fix.
Verses To Consider About Backstabbers:
- “A worthless person, a wicked man, goes about with crooked speech, winks with his eyes, signals with his feet, points with his finger, with perverted heart devises evil, continually sowing discord; therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly; in a moment he will be broken beyond healing.” — Proverbs 6:12–15 ESV
Liars are dangerous to your mission. Whether they lie for sympathy, lie to protect their pride or lie because they’re manipulative, liars will have you praying against the wrong spirits or ones that aren’t there. If they advise you to lie, they’ll lie to you.
Verses To Consider About Liars:
- “There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.” — Proverbs 6:16–19 ESV
- But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” — Revelation 21:8 ESV
#7 TOO FAMILIAR TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY
While you can & should share the gospel with friends & family, don’t worry yourself to death trying to convince them. Be okay with planting a seed & someone else doing the conversion on the issue.
Even Jesus’ own family didn’t take Him seriously.
“And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?”
And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.”
And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.” — Matthew 13:53–58 ESV
TELL ME WHO I MISSED!
While not an exhaustive list don’t let these types of insincere people suck you dry spiritually and emotionally in #spiritualwarfare.
These insincere people help Satan because you can’t move forward in your mission when you’re putting out the fires they start.
Let Me Know Your Thoughts!
- What types of people would you add to this list?
- What person from this list do you encounter the most?